Crochet Granny Square Tote Bag

Love and Lace Heart Shape Quilled Trinket Box

I have seen some creations in black and red and the combination is so classic and pretty. So this time I decided to try my hands on making something in black and red. But I had nothing in black so I CHEATED.I die cut the cardboard which came with my template. ( The ones that come with dies or plastic templates to prevent them from bending in the mail). Then painted it with black ready mix paint. I also wanted to use lace, but again : no black lace. So I colored the white lace with black promarker.
before the transformation

heart shape Quilled trinket box
The lid of the heart box is filled with small rolled ( at both ends)quilling strips though it looks like beehive technique. The box turned out to my liking so I decided to make a pair of earring to put in it. My daughter Ananya also joined in and made a few pairs. ( I had to bend the headpins with pliers for her as she is just 8). For my earrings, I used a pair of charms by making memories, which I have had for more than a year.
lace heart box


earrings made by Ananya

earrings made by me
I will gift the trinket box to my BFF. Now Ananya wants to gift something to her BFF. So I am thinking of making another box using a 'philadelphia' box along the same lines as this one. Hope to finish it before 14th :)

I am entering this box to : Cut it up: Valentine's Day ( dies used : Nellie Snellen and spellbinders lace heart)
Anything but a card: Tic-tac-toe ( 2,5,8 : Recycling, heart and Black)
Crafty Calendar : Love is all around
 Kitty Bee Designs: Valentine's/Love
 So Artful Challenges : Flourishes in the shades of red ( I hope my quilled swirls qualify)
Sugar Creek Hollow: Love and Adore
 Sunflower Designs : Valentine's Day/Hearts

Comments

  1. WoW what a treat to my eyes to visit your blog and see your beautiful handcratfs..Way to go girl..Keep it up :)

    I'm so delighted that you're in same group of freaks that I was n Pooja is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Didi. Saw your comment on facebook and then I got to know that it's you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your ingenuity! Very clever, and your box is beautiful! Thanks for linking to our Valentine challenge at Cut it Up!
    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job!! Beautiful....
    Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful box, something quite different, and I liked how you made the materials you had work for you.
    It's perfect for Soartful's Red Flourishes challenge, thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Love your jewelry box!Thanks for joining us over at SunflowerField this week and hope to see you again soon!
    Jennyfer, DT
    ♥ SunflowerField DT ♥
    ♥ Jennyfer Creates ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful box :)
    Thank you for joining us at Sunflowerfield Designs.
    Hugs, Mari

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful box to keep the lovely earrings in. Thank you for joining us at SCH this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty trinket box! Thanks for joining KBD challenge~

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's ingenuity not cheating! You have created lovely makes. Thank you for joining in at Anything But A Card this month.

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a pretty box for all those lovely earrings, thanks for joining us at SCH
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very creative! I love it, such a neat idea!

    Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up Challenges!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, stunning box, very creative! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar for our latest challenge!
    Claire xx
    CCC DT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to visit my blog. I really love to read your opinions and thoughts. Have a lovely day :)